Friday, April 17, 2009

Let me introduce myself

So I married a vegetarian and I am a self professed carnivore.  I love meat, I love fish, I love it all.  My blood sugar drops to much when I don't get enough protein and I am allergic to soy, the "meat and potatoes" so to speak of a vegetarians diet.  It is in all the imitation meat and tofu like products out there.  Basically whatever she eats I can't and what ever I eat she think is completely disgusting.  We've been forced to get creative and make meals that have both real and fake meat without having to make two completely different dinners every night.  We don't always make dishes with meat in them but they will always have protein because me and vegetarians have that in common, we need to have enough protein to function.

In addition to the logistic nightmare of creating meals that can be eaten by vegetarians and carnivores alike we are on a strict budget so everything has to be cheap.  Oh, and don't forget healthy! 

This brings me to the reason I am writing this blog.  

-To share survival tips on coexisting with a vegetarian
-To create a source for healthy, tasty and cheap recipes
-To have a place to keep all my favorite recipes in one place.

The recipes I will post will be from my searches online, in magazines, my grandma and my own crazy concoctions.  I will have tips and tricks to making it come out just right.  Since I've tested them out already I can tell you where the recipe to needs to be better or if it's good the way it is.

No comments: