Saturday, April 25, 2009

More about the Carnivore behind the curtain

Now that you've seen a few of my recipes I thought it would be a good time to explain a little bit about the way I cook and why.

My cooking style is mostly influenced by my grandmother.  As I mentioned before I take her recipes and make them more healthy whenever I can.  My style has a heavy italian influence although I am half polish too.  

I have a cooking disorder which doesn't allow me to cook anything less than massive portions. If you are feeding a family of 4 or 5 you will probably be ok.  I cook these recipes for just me and my significant vegetarian, however.  Needless to say we have no need to cook lunches most of the time.  We do like an occasional grilled cheese with a slice of tomato or my personal favorite cream cheese and cucumber sandwich (which is calling my name right now) but I digress. I cook this way because my grandmother cooks this way.  My grandmother cooks this way because it's in the little Italian grandmother handbook.  She is like the grandmother on "Everybody Loves Raymond", from Long Island and everything.  I guess that kind of makes me a little Italian grandmother in training.  If so, that's fine with me because she is the best cook I know.  

In honor of my grandmother I am going to do her famous spaghetti and meatballs for my next recipe.  Trust me, you don't want to miss it.

No comments: